1) The first time I had sex was in a bookstore
2) The first best friend I ever had was a kindergardener who sat in front of our first grade class and read us a fourth-grade level book. He read all the time during class, and our friendship was based on the books we recommended to one another.
3) The sexiest present I ever heard of anyone getting was Kelly Link: on her thirtieth birthday, Gavin Grant gave her thirty books, each individually wrapped.
4) For the last two years, I have lived with a woman who has a book fetish. She counts our books and encourages my book-buying frenzies.
5) Buying books makes me feel good.
6) I enjoy reading books as foreplay
7) The book by my bed that I’m constantly re-reading is Michael Cunningham’s _The Hours_. The book I’ve read the second-most is Cunningham’s _Flesh And Blood_.
8) The first fantasy saga I ever read was not the Lord of the Rings (which I’ve never read). It was the first three Dragonlance books. At the time, I thought it was the coolest thing I ever read.
9) I own almost all of the Howard Conan novels. And I enjoy them. I find them deeply funny.
10) I considered trading, giving, borrowing, and recommending books to other people a bonding exercise. That is, if I really like you, I will buy you books.
11) I have never read _The Left Hand of Darkness_. But I feel really bad about it.
12) I would rather write like Joanna Russ than Ursula LeGuin. Unfortunately, this may mean I will die poor. On the other hand, if I can figure out plot, the world may be ready for bloody brutal women fiction now. You never know.
13) I would like to own at least 5,000 books.
14) I own 30 years worth of National Geographic magazines. I consider it Travel Porn.
15) I would like to buy a bouse so I can stop culling my books every damn time I move.