- EPISODE FOURTEEN :Welcome to the Thunder Dome, debut writers! In this episode we talk about what good agents can do you for you, and how to navigate that tricky gray area when you make the leap from a scrappy new writer to Voice of the Establishment. Also sharing some book recs for your holiday and early 2020 reading season. Listen below or on iTunes (NOTE: itunes takes awhile to show new eps)
Posts Tagged ‘podcast’
- EPISODE THIRTEEN In this episode we discuss how to take notes, long-term career planning, and why it is books seem to get more difficult to write the more of them you write. I’ll also be tackling some listener questions, from where to find more gooey biopunk to what I think of writers’ unions . Listen below or on iTunes (NOTE: itunes takes awhile to show new eps)
- EPISODE NINE: Real talk about why women in every industry are done with the bullshit, why it’s OK to delete Facebook (yes, even if you have books to promote!), writing and mental health, and some advance craft discussions about how to manage burnout and writing expectations. Listen below or on iTunes.
- EPISODE FOUR: In this episode I chat with my agent, Hannah Bowman, about the daunting task of story structure. We answer Twitter questions, talk about why opera fans are great at writing synopses, and I admonish her for spoiling all of your favorite shows. Listen below or on iTunes.
- EPISODE THREE: You Don’t Own Meeeeeee. Chat about when one becomes a “real writer,” the Everest of publishing, who owns your time, Swecon roundup, and the annoying inevitability of publisher rights grabs.
The GET TO WORK HURLEY podcast is a monthly rant about the hustle of making a living as a writer of All of the Things.
- EPISODE TWO: How to Get to Work When the World Wants to Get You Down. Chat about how to create and promote work during tough times, how to balance caring for your sanity and health with being a good, active citizen, and why you should tell everyone to fuck themselves and just write what you want!
(available on iTunes early next week)
*Music credit. Remixed All Eyes and Teeth by Eaters. Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlikeLicense.