How I got three boxes worth of pods with a 20% failure rate, I’ll never know. I actually suspect that until recently, that was the order of the day for Omnipod. Over the last three months, Omnipod has made some improvements.
We’re down to a respectable 1% failure rate. I think the last one that failed was over a month ago. The shipment I just got also includes a much better adhesive, which is good news for people like me who are always knocking their arm against doorways. I just smacked myself good while walking through my closet and hot damn but if that thing didn’t stay affixed to my arm.
The new adhesive does irritate slightly more. I noticed an urge to scratch around the edges a few times, which I didn’t really notice so much with the other ones. But that’s well worth getting and keeping those things on.
My blood sugar (barring today’s miscalculation of how many carbs are actually in Subway flatbread) has been great. My mood’s improved. Life is generally awesome. I can’t wait to see what my A1c is on Friday.