Having a rough night tonight, basically because I’ve got some medical stuff I want to take care of (like the callous on the bottom of my toe that’s going to get me my foot chopped off if I don’t get it scraped someday this century, and I’m down to my last bottle of Lantus and Novolog, and I need to buy another 2 bottles of testing strips), and weekly groceries to buy, and thinking about money makes me think about my bank account, and when I total it all up, it doesn’t work.
I can make it about 3-4 weeks out here. More like 3. That doesn’t include buying any backup insulin. What I have is what I’ve got. The podiatrist will have to go on the credit card. Which I can’t afford to pay the minimum payment on next month unless something changes.
This means that I’ll need to move out of Dayton right after Wiscon unless I can pick up some work somewhere. As said, I’ll spend this weekend and next week looking at food service jobs. I’ve got to have something soon, because as much as I try to keep upbeat and not talk about bad stuff and impending doom, you know, things aren’t exactly rosy on the financial front. Which means stuff like eating and living is in jeopardy.
The last option, which I didn’t take before this one cause it really is a last resort, is to move back home. My parents can help with food and meds. I’m screwed as far as credit card payments and student loan payments go, but there are also way more jobs that will pay me far more money in the Portland/Vancouver area than in depressed Dayton. Problem is that means I’ll eventually be paying for gas, too, which I can’t afford. My parents will have to front that, too, until I can. Then there’s insurance to consider, and etc, and you know, my parents aren’t exactly rich. They have enough trouble paying their own bills.
So that’s the last-ditch option, and just looking at the way the numbers add up, it may in fact be something I have to do very soon. Not exactly looking forward to it, but it beats dying.
Sometimes I try too hard to be stubborn, to try and do stuff on my own, and then I end up in these really desparate situations where I wait until the last minute when I’ve blown through my other options, and then it’s almost too late. I should have jumped at the opportunity to move out a long time ago, but I had other committments. And this is where I’ve ended up.
Deep breath. It’s OK. It’s not over yet, and then even when I’ve blown through this option, I have one final fall back.
Take a Tylenol PM.
Go to sleep.
Tomorrow will be better.