1) Rang in new year with new distance boyfriend in California
2) Sent out BioWare writing application
3) Started a receptionist temp job after losing full-time job
4) BioWare writing application rejected, rewritten, resubmitted
5) BioWare application rejected… again
6) Quit receptionist temp job
7) Moved to Dayton
8) Turned down job offer that would require me to move back to Chicago
9) Went to Spain
10) Lost my best friend after lying about dumping distance boyfriend
11) Finished and sent out God’s War to a couple agents
12) God’s War was rejected by an agent
13) Got hired as a temp tech writer
14) Went to the emergency room
15) Joined a martial arts gym
16) Got hired as full-time tech writer!
17) Got health insurance!
18) Went to the emergency room (again)!
19) Did some revisions of God’s War for a publisher
20) Broke up with distance boyfriend
21) Went to Switzerland
22) Started dating Dayton boyfriend
23) Went to the emergency room (again)
23) Broke up with Dayton boyfriend
24) Got back together with Dayton boyfriend
25) God’s War got an agent
26) Stopped going to martial arts classes
27) Got new health insurance!
28) God’s War got rejected by first publisher
29) Started a new gym
30) God’s War got submitted to another publisher
31) Went to the beach for Christmas
32) Broke up with Dayton boyfriend (again)!
33) Started a new financial plan that’ll get me a car in a year and a house in two years
34) Signed up for new personal training health & wellness sessions at work
35) Put together a submission package for my Dragon’s War series.
35) Ringing out the old year with roommates. Will probably laugh a whole lot.
Fall down seven times…
You’re going to fall, you’re going to fail. The trick is to learn from your mistakes and not give up. Life is a persistence game. And boy have I been persistent. Maybe stupid. Certainly stubborn. But always persistent.
I’ve laughed a whole lot this year. Cried a lot, too.
But, mostly – laughed.
Keep on keepin’ on.